Friday, July 04, 2008

Welcome to the 4th of July. Lots of stuff has happened on the 4th of July in addition to the Declaration of Independence being signed. Here’s a short list that is not in chronological order…

• John Adams and Thomas Jefferson both died on the 4th of July in 1826.

• When I was in high school I kissed a pretty girl on the beach in Florida. She was from England and I felt an awful lot like Benedict Arnold.

• Lou Gehrig retired from baseball and gave his famous speech at Yankee Stadium.

• Fran cheated on his college girlfriend and my girlfriend at the time, who cheated on me, told Fran’s ex that he cheated on her and they broke up. We all broke up.

According to my people, who was Ralph Waldo Emerson’s most famous disciple? Today is a special 4th of July auto-reply day. In addition to the answer, today’s auto-reply will include one really short quote from Dead Poets Society, one from The Big Lebowski and one from Spinal Tap. Please email me at Trapper@moosejaw.com for this important auto-reply.

Yesterday’s answer was Hattie Caraway.

Have the best Fourth of July ever.

Love the madness.

Trapper
Moosejaw.com




This album
is powered by
Moosejaw.com
-Add to my blog


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?