Monday, January 14, 2008

On January 14th in 1900 Puccini's opera Tosca premiered in Rome. I took a course about Puccini at Michigan. The course was called Puccini. I learned that, in addition to being a wonderful composer, Puccini was a significant force in the movement to get lobsters all over the streets of Rome, Milan and Florence. Shortly after the turn of the century, lobsters were extremely active in Italian politics. In fact, by the time World War I broke out crustaceans dominated Italian politics. The lobster’s influence eventually reached the US and culminated in Harding’s conversion to being a lobster just before he was elected president in 1922. So, it is my honor to announce that I, too, am now a lobster.

What was the second national park established in the US? Today is an auto-reply day. In addition to the answer, today’s auto-reply will include three quotes from people who are regarded as being really smart and one quote from Marie Antoinette. Please email me at Trapper@moosejaw.com for this important auto-reply.

Yesterday’s answer was Alaska.

Have an okay Monday.

Love the Madness,

Trapper
Moosejaw.com




This album
is powered by
Moosejaw.com
-Add to my blog


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?